Our latest Event
Manly Vale Community Garden’s 6th Birthday Spring Fair will be on Saturday 3rd September 2016, 10am – 4pm (even if Spring springs a leak).
Come and help us celebrate (maybe with brolly)
- 10am Chickens will begin working on the overgrown garden bed, preparing the soil for planting. Come and meet our visitors Cardi, Petal, Diamond and Maggie
- 11am Native stingless bee hive keeping demonstration by Dan Smailes, email@example.com . Splitting of a hive (weather permitting). More bee info at http://www.permaculturenorthernbeaches.org.au/native-bees
- 12pm Compost Demonstration by Yalith Ratnavibushena .Come and learn the finer arts of composting. For our public compost bins, grab a free compost bucket and take part in ‘Drop & Swap’, an easier way to collect kitchen scraps at home. Also be in the audience for your chance to win a compost bin . Thank you Bunnings for your kind donation.
- 1pm Music by Bayley Dunn – keep a look out for this young man’s name in the future
- 2pm Announcing the winners of MVCG Best Plot Competition judged by Judith Sleipjen from Peninsular Living Magazine.
But wait there’s more…..
For sale (until we run out, so come early)
- Sweet and savoury treats – cake stall, wood-fired herb pizza and wood-fired potatoes with sour cream and chives (from the garden);plants; bee wax wraps; honey
- Talk to a garden member to find out what we are about
Information Hub. Representatives from the following local organisations will be here.
- Return of the Mermaids. Help restore the Mermaid Pool
- Curly Community Garden. A new garden to be established at Curl Curl Community Centre
- Baringa Bush Community Garden, Seaforth
- Balgowlah Community Garden
- Freshie Community Garden
- Permaculture Northern Beaches
This page has the following sub pages.