NASTURTIUM PESTO Makes 2 cups
- 4 cups packed nasturtium leaves
- 2 cups packed nasturtium flowers
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil 5 cloves garlic
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups walnuts or almonds or macadamias
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pick a basket full of fresh, healthy leaves and flowers without any blemishes. If your plants aren’t blooming yet, using only the leaves is fine too.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the leaves and flowers; tear larger leaves in half
- Add the leaves, flowers, garlic, olive oil, nuts, and Parmesan to a blender or food processor.
- Blend all the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Ladle the pesto into small jars, refrigerate. It should keep for up to two weeks.
- Can be frozen