This recipe is for the Pea and Ham Soup we enjoyed at the garden today.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup brown lentils
- ½ cup of pearl barley
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 brown onion
- 1 zuccini
- ½ tsp. basil ( fresh chopped or dried)
- 1 lg. bay leaf
- ½ tsp tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tsp parsley
- Dash of sage and thyme
- Optional – 2 tbs of low sodium soy sauce or 1 to 2 tbs light miso
- 2 litre chicken stock
- 4 x beef oxo cubes
- 4 to 5 bacon bones or ham hock
- Cook all together on low heat in Crock POT overnight.
- Then let go cold and skim all fat and bones off.
- Ready to reheat slowly for a meal.
This is a rough country recipe which takes no responsibility for those who prefer food less salty. It can be made with less salt but no SALT is in the recipe other than that already in the the above mentioned ingredients. There are some beautiful natural home made recipes for chicken and beef stock.
Thanks, Leonnie Blick